Saturday, September 24, 2016

Where Your Heart Is

Do you love God? How often do we claim to love God, but deep in our heart, do we really? What is love? Some say that love is blind, others say that love is selfless, the infamous google say that love is an intense feeling of deep affection, while there are some, mostly Christians like you and me that say love is God or vise versa. In 1 Corinthians 13:8 it says that Love never fails. Yes, we each have our own definition of what love is, but we all know that if we love someone/something we give it our time, effort, money, and we cannot live without it. We even dream about it and it is the first thing we think about when we wake up. So now, let me ask you again, do you love God? Now I also ask myself, where do I put my time, effort, money and what is the most important thing to me? Living as a single middle-aged woman with grown up kids, I find solace in eating. Yes, I admit, I am a glutton. I love to eat and I don't care how much it cost but I will spend every single penny I have if possible on food. I didn't think that this was wrong, well, not until recently. Anything that is excessive is wrong. I know that now. God wants us to protect His temple, this body that He created especially for us. It may not be perfect, but it is God's unique creation. No one in the entire universe has a body like yours. And if you allow it to rot then you are dishonoring God. Food is a necessity for us to live, so we must eat to live and not live to eat. So you better start running and stop eating it is never too late.











No comments:

Post a Comment