Friday, September 16, 2016

Give And You Shall Receive

I am not a very generous person. Maybe, because of all the challenges I faced in my childhood, I became cynical towards other people. My personal motto has always been "Charity begins at home". My family suffered financially during my childhood because of mismanagement of funds and we still have not recovered from that. Lately, I've been struggling with not only finances but with something deeper within me. I have lost the desire to serve and pray. I continue to live my life everyday without actually being productive. I continue to waste my existence by doing minimal work that earns money and spends the rest of my day watching Korean dramas online. I did not even hear my inner-self screaming at me to wake up, and do something meaningful with my time. Yesterday for some reason, I changed my course and started a new blog. I even committed myself into continuing my online radio program. Today as I was meditating on Pastor Rick Warren's daily message, I encountered Proverbs 11:25 that said "The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed." And I realized that this is what's missing in my life. 

Charity. 

I have resolved to be more generous of my time, finances, and talents moving forward. I will not give God the "extra" in my finances anymore, I will give Him the first cut. Please pray for me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment